Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Pics

It seems that I never get the camera out for events, just for moments around the house. Any who, here are a few pictures we took from Easter time:

They look just alike :)

Ainsley during the egg hunting, at least Ellie shared!

Finally, a real egg hunt at our house. She actually had to find the eggs this time, but don't worry I didn't hide them very well.

I love that Easter brings so many fun activities like egg hunting, but I hate that too often because of those activities we lose sight of what it is all about. I am super guilty of this, I got super excited 3 weeks ago when I saw all the egg hunts and activities we get to do and completely forgot to talk about what Easter was about to Ellie until last week. So I definitely tried to "make up" for it and pounded it in Ellie every chance I got. She knows at least who her savior is, although she definitely doesn't understand the death and resurrection thing yet.

I hope you were able to reflect on the amazing love our Father has shown us by sending his only son to die for us. It never fails, I am continually humbled by Christ's death and overwhelmed with joy by his resurrection. Because Jesus conquered death, I no longer am enslaved to sin and can have eternal life... hallelujah! He has risen, HE HAS RISEN INDEED!

No comments: