Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bug Locket

I absolutely loved catching bugs as a child. We had a creek growing up in our backyard, so my sisters and I were always getting down and dirty every chance that we got. Me and my sister, Carla, were talking the other day and we said we weren't sure what our kids were going to do without a creek in the backyard. We had so many memories catching frogs, salamanders, crickets, lightning bugs, crawfish, tadpoles, caterpillars, anything! So of course when I was in the dollar spot at Target the other day and saw the bug locket, I had to get it. Ellie has loved it! I took a video of the first bug we caught:



Since then we have caught caterpillars, a beetle, an ant, and more spiders. She's very good about keeping the lid on. I tell her we don't touch the bugs, I do not want to touch them! If I could only keep her from putting it in her mouth, disgusting.

This bug talk reminds me of something somewhat unrelated. The other day I was opening a box with tissue paper in our house and found a caterpillar. I got completely grossed out, I had to call Zach in to get rid of it. I don't mind them outside, but for some reason I can't STAND them inside things in our house. I think it's because I don't like the idea of bugs inside things surprising me. They could be in anything... I hate that.

No comments: