Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ainsley 3 months

On Tuesday, the 16th, Ainsley turned 3 months old! It's hard to believe she's already 3 months, but yet at the same time it's hard to remember life without her. She has been such a blessing and joy to us, especially me. I've already noted the differences in looks between her and Ellie, but there are also some differences in personalities I already notice. Ainsley LOVES to be held and to cuddle and notably prefers mommy over anyone else. Ellie wanted to be laid down if she was tired. I remember at this age, Ellie fell asleep on Zach one afternoon and we were so shocked. Ainsley falls asleep in our arms at least once a day. It's nice having a little cuddler :)

We don't have a monthly check up this month, she'll have one at 4 months. She is still a little chunk, and I'm guessing she probably weighs between 14 and 15 lbs. Here is what she can do:
-holds her head up very nicely
-sits propped up on the boppy, in the bumbo, or with some pillows
-holds tight to objects and my fingers
-smiles when you talk to her or just when she looks at you. We have started putting her in the high chair at lunch and dinner time, and she always has a huge smile on her face the whole time. I think she loves being included and chatting with the family.
-laughs pretty much every time she smiles, she is such a happy little girl
-sleeps 11-12 hours every night! We have had one night in the past month where she has waken up to feed, I think we have only had 1 other night where we just put the paci in and she was fine. We don't have a strict schedule, but she usually wakes up between 7-8:30a and goes to bed around 7-8p. This is just so awesome, how am I so blessed to have two great sleeping babies??
-feeds 5-6 times a day, every 2.5-3 hours
-likes to chew on her hands and fingers, but is not sucking her thumb like we thought she would. She barely takes a paci... the only times she does take a paci is when we put her in her crib to sleep or are trying to soothe her to sleep.
-napping well the past few days, but was having a very hard time before then. Last week and this past weekend was really hard on me because she kept crying a lot due to being very sleepy. I had a hard time figuring out when she gets sleepy, she doesn't seem to rub her eyes a lot and she'll just go from laughing to screaming in seconds. I've been trying to put her down when I think she should be sleepy and that has helped.
-I've been really slack at doing tummy time, but when I have put her on her belly the past week she can lift her head completely up and look at you. She also will do superman and kick her legs. She lasts about 3-5 minutes before she gets fussy usually.
-loves the ceiling fan, books, and Ellie. She just stares so wide eyed with the biggest smile.
-wears size 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diaper

I wish I could write a schedule, but with the time change it's been very inconsistent. She has been sleeping much later, so that throws things off. I'm going to try to post one soon when I feel like we have more consistency, just so I can have it for my records. I have a feeling though, that once I get a consistent schedule (lasting about a week), it'll change. They just change so much, so quickly.

I've definitely been completely exhausted, I felt this way last week, and this week with the time change it has definitely been difficult. Having two under two is definitely taking it's toll, but I'm accepting that this is just what comes from having young kids. I'm trying to cherish every bit of it and really enjoy each moment. I definitely didn't really milk the moments with Ellie as much as I should, I always seemed to be looking for the next thing. So this time I'm going to be different, and I'm going to enjoy each stage with both of them (at least I'm going to try really hard to).

I really can't believe I have two daughters! Ainsley is just the cutest thing ever and I simply adore her. I barely know this little one, but the love I have for her just overflows my heart. It's amazing how much love you can have, and it's only a glimpse of God's love for us.

No comments: