Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Adoption Update!

We are almost done with the dossier and will be very soon on the WAITLIST! We are finishing gathering up our references and then bright and early tomorrow morning we will have our CIS fingerprint appointment. It can take from 1-4 weeks to be approved by the CIS, which will be the final document to put into our dossier. Once we have completed our dossier, we will get them authenticated at the NC Secretary of State, then send it to Gladney for them to send to get final aunthenication by the US SOS and Ethiopian Embassy. When it reaches Gladney hands before the final authentication is when we will go on the waitlist. We are so excited to have it almost done! I will enjoy waiting around WITHOUT any stress of paperwork.

I would love to meet our son this year, to hold him and kiss him. However as I say this, I also know what comes with it, a child becoming an orphan. As I eagerly wait, I also secretly pray that maybe there will be no children to adopt. I somewhat hope that it will take a long time, but not because of jumping over all the barriers, but because there will be less orphans. Although this would be a dream come true, I know the great number of orphans in Ethiopia and I pray more realistically that each one of them will find a loving home this year. We wait patiently until the day we can open our home.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That is great that you are so close to the waitlist! I agree that adoption has such a bittersweetness to it. We have to realize the loss that the child and birthfamily are going through too... praying for you guys in this last hurdle!