Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bring the Rain

I stumbled across this blog Bring The Rain, created by Angie Smith, from one of my friend's blog list. I was amazed by her faith in the Lord. I don't know her story, but she started this blog because she lost a child. What a terrible tragedy. My heart breaks just even thinking about losing Ellie or Ainsley, however I hope if the Lord chooses to take one of them, I will have the same heart she has. I hope I never have to experience the pain of losing a child, but I do know that there will be pain in my life.
This quote is the theme for her blog, "And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain. But if that's what it takes to praise you Jesus, bring the rain." All of us will go through pain, so we definitely can learn from her and strive for that same trust in our Lord.

So you can go to her blog and read the post, but just in case you don't, here is some of what she says and my thoughts:

Her most recent post was on John 5, when Jesus heals the lay man. Jesus asks the man if he would like to get well. Our small group studied this chapter the other week, and we concluded the same thing... what kind of question is that? Of course this man wants to get well! However if you look at his response, he doesn't say yes. Instead he gives reasons why he can't get well, having no hope of ever getting well.... having little faith. This is the reason why Jesus asks the question, to reveal this man's attitude. Angie relates it to her circumstance saying, "And when Jesus hears my the man's rambling, doubtful answer, He tells him to be obedient and to disregard the pool. He doesn't need water, just a willing servant." Stop making excuses, have FAITH. Stop relying on other things to heal you, God is the one has given those other things the power to heal, so rely on God instead.

However, he doesn't always heal the way we want him to. I'm just going to quote the rest of her post because I love the ways she writes this:
"Do you want to get well?"

In my mind, I hear Him asking it a little differently..."Do you believe I can make you well?"

Well, yes. Of course I do.

I'm not relying on feeble statistics and human ability. My God is asking me a question and I will do the only thing I know how to do.

Kneel deep and nod yes, believing that He can handle the rest.

After all, it's His house of mercy. His unending grace and love.

Whether it's been 38 minutes or 38 years you've been waiting, one thing is for sure. He is the same God now as He was in Jerusalem years ago.

So get up, friend.

It's time to walk.
No matter how the Lord heals us, we should trust Him. In my own experiences and from what I've seen in others' experiences, it never fails... God ALWAYS proves to be faithful. He is the only constant, the one who has continued to be faithful since the beginning. Life will bring pain, sometimes pain we might not think we can handle. The Lord will continue to prove to be faithful, he teaches us in our pain. He brings us closer to him and we end up praising him. So Lord, bring the rain, if that's what it takes. My life is to bring him glory!


No comments: