Friday, June 17, 2011

First Dance Class

Ellie started dance class on Wednesday and she LOVED it! To say that she was excited about dance class would be an understatement. She had been waiting for this day since her birthday because this was her birthday gift from our families. She would have worn her leotard and tights everyday and night if I let her. Since she wasn't allowed to wear them, she insisted the night before that her dance bag must "sleep" next to her. The day we bought her tap shoes, she insisted the next few days that she must wear them EVERYWHERE (which of course is not allowed, but she continued to persist no matter how many times I said no. I did let her wear them at home). The morning of, the first thing she asked to do was to put on her dance clothes. She could barely eat breakfast, yet alone do anything else that morning except bug me until I eventually gave in and showed up 20 minutes early to dance class. It's only a 5 minute walk from our house, so we walked there and watched the dance class before hers. She did pretty well in class, but she was a tad shy and had her moments where she got distracted. I think she will warm up next class and follow along a little better.

Ainsley and I stayed and watched the whole class. Ainsley didn't want to take her eyes off the dancers, she would push people away if they got in her way! We are excited for next Wednesday!! Here's a few pictures I got:

Lining up for class:

Learning a few dance moves:

No comments: