Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ainsley's Dedication

"Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,

and I will glorify your name forever."

Psalm 86:11-12


This is very late, but back on November 13 we, as parents, were commissioned to raise Ainsley up in the Lord. It's much like a baby dedication, but our church instead of just praying for the child, also prays for the parents to teach the gospel and love their children according to the gospel.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Ainsley with family. Our good friends, Uriah and Katie Dortch, made us a wonderful brunch and then prayed over us as parents. We forgot our camera (which has been the case for a bunch of events over this past month), but luckily they took some pictures for us!

Here they are praying over us:

Our wonderful family of four:


We did get a picture after at our house with Zach's family:

No comments: