Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ainsley- 5 months

Ainsley is 5 months old! She is growing so fast and I can't get enough of her. She is just too precious and very lovable.

Some facts about my little munchkin:
-She is very aware of everything going around her now and absolutely adores her big sister. She smiles the biggest and laughs the hardest at little Ellie, I get jealous. However, she definitely is still the mommy's girl. She always lights up when I'm around and is most content in mommy's arms or lap. I don't mind at all :)-She is chewing on everything, grabbing everything she can reach, and drooling like crazy!
-She loves her exersaucer and stays in there for quite a while when mommy is tending to some business.
-She is starting to sit up on her own, but just for a few minutes at a time.

-She loves to stand on her legs and can put her full wait on them! She can even pull herself up from sitting when holding on to my hands, such a strong girl.
-She still is very happy, except in the car. She does not like her car seat too much and cries in the car a lot of times (does not make long trips fun at all, I try to avoid them unless I can sit back with her... if not, I lose my mind and start to cry).
-She still takes a paci, but loves her thumb.
-She still takes a bottle, but only certain ones.
-She is starting to eat solids, but we're still not very good at it.
-She still sleeps wonderfully at night. Will go 12 hours most nights, and even sleeps until 8-8:30a in the mornings, and even then Ellie will wake her up! Although recently she's been waking up first around 7-7:30.
-She nurses 5 times a day, every 3 hours.
-Naps around 3 times a day now. Once in the morning somewhere between 9-11a (while we are out and about) for about 30 minutes unless she can get more, poor thing. Second nap is usually when Ellie naps around 1p-3p. Third nap around 4:30-5p for about 30-45 minutes. I know she would sleep more if I stayed home in the morning and she didn't have a loud sister running around, but I guess that is just the way things go when you have two. She deals with it and still acts happy. She's learning selflessness at an early age!

I think that's about it, however I could go on and on about her. I am so blessed to have her in my life. There really isn't a day that I thank God for blessing us with her, I am so in love! To think that this love only grows more and more and doesn't even compare to our Father's love for us!

1 comment:

Katie Gaston said...

Hey Laura! Good talking with you Sunday at the picnic. Love the pics of your girls...what cuties! See you Sunday!